The hair gods didn’t bless me with long, thick, shiny hair. (And if that’s the kind of hair you have, I secretly hate you!)
When I was pregnant, it was like my strands were transformed. For once, the good hair days outnumbered the bad. Those good hair days didn’t last long! Six months after having my son, my hair started to shed. I’m not talking about one piece here and there, I’m talking 7-10 at a time. Ugh!
Kyle Richards. My hair icon.
I’ve been on the hunt for a hair “cocktail” that can help save my strands. My latest obsession is L’Oreal Professionnel's Absolut Repair Cellular collection, which launched this past August. It promises to nourish dry, damaged hair from the inside out….a hair makeover, if you will. The secret to its success? Lactic acid, which L’Oreal says helps improve strength and elasticity. I was lucky enough to lather up with the shampoo and deep conditioning masque. Here are a few of my thoughts:
- The line doesn’t have a fancy schmancy smell, and that’s something I totally appreciate. My hair just smells clean. ‘Nuff said.
- The shampoo doesn’t dry my hair out, or leave it in a ball of knots. It’s actually moisturizing!
- The masque is like a tub of butter for your mane. It isn’t meant to be used every day, but sometimes I just can’t help myself. It hydrates my hair without weighing it down, or making it “staticky.” One of these days I’m going to throw it on with a shower cap for a couple of hours, just for an extra dose of hydration.
L’Oreal’s pitch is healthier hair in just ten days. (Yep, ten days!) I’m always a bit skeptical when it comes to hair products that promise to “repair,” but Absolut Repair Cellular has made me a believer. My hair is noticeably stronger. I can see a real difference here, people. Most importantly, it isn’t falling out in clumps anymore and it doesn’t look fried, even after I use my beloved styling tools. (I’m on a total romantic curls kick lately.)
This line is on the pricey side ($22 for the shampoo and $30 for the masque), so if I had to splurge on one thing, I'd go for the shampoo. In general, suds can strip your hair of its natural oils, so it's important to have one that's top notch!
The Absolut Repair Cellular collection also includes conditioner, cleansing balm, thermo-repair blow dry spray, and more. Log on to www.lorealprofessionnel-us.com, or call 1-800-545-8150 to find a salon near you.
What shampoo/conditioner combo are you using right now? Let me know below!
More from GalTime:
- How to Look More Awake
- How's Your Beauty Counter Etiquette?
- What to Wear on a First Date
- Double Duty Beauty Products