You don’t know a first down from a field goal. When you hear “Tom Brady,” Gisele is the first thing that comes to mind. (Well, that and the fact that he’s devilishly handsome!)
Time out! Even if you don’t have a favorite team, or a sports tee for that matter, you can still score a fashion touchdown at this season’s Superbowl party. (And comfortably chow on buffalo wings, to boot!) Here’s how:
Let’s Hear It For The Boy:
* Jill Bradshaw, Trend Director for Stylesight, says this season’s “borrowed from the boys” look has fashionistas cheering. It still has girly flair, but will “get you in the mood to root for any team, even if it's just for the one sporting the best jerseys.” So, throw on your best boyfriend jeans and get ready to party!
* Toss on a letterman cardigan. It’s a playful way to show some spirit and it will keep you warm! “Layering the cardigan with a button down or a t-shirt is both sporty and functional.”
Forever 21 Letterman Sweater, $19.80
* Slip into a varsity jacket. It’s a new, widespread trend, with an all-American, vintage vibe. “Varsity jackets are popping up everywhere, from the streets to the runways of top designers such as Alexander Wang and Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony,” says Bradshaw. Looking to spend a little less? Even Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, and Topshop have gotten into the varsity game, with styles tailored strictly for women.
Alexander Wang, Courtesy of Stylesight
* Try some menswear on for size. J.Crew has an entire “Borrowed From The Boys” section, packed with colorful, oversized sweaters. (They have a similar section for little girls, too! It's called "Borrowed From My Brother.")
In The Pink:
* Looking for something a little more girly? Bradshaw recommends a jersey style T-shirt or sweater with bright color blocking, similar to the looks seen in Isabel Marant's Spring 2011 collection. The sporty sweater is a comfortable and easy way to add an active-inspired look to your wardrobe and get you ready for the game."
Isabel Marant, Courtesy of Stylesight
* Throw on skinny jeans and some sporty kicks, and you’ll be a star on the style roster.