By Caitlin Moran, StyleWithinReach.net
Think you have to spend a fortune at designer stores for quality beauty products? Think again. Often overlooked, the drugstore is packed full of products that perform just as well as their expensive counter parts. Though it takes some experimenting, once you find products that work for your body you'll find yourself saving a ton of money! Today I'm sharing a few of my favorite products for your skin and hair, up next will be nails and makeup. Stay tuned!
1. Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel, $7.99 Lately I've been hooked on using toner in the morning instead of face wash and this stuff smells great. You'll be amazed at how clean your skin feels after.
2. St.Ives Apricot Scrub, $4.99 This invigorating scrub has been a standby since my high school days - I like to use it once a week.
3. Muslin Face Cloth, $5 I just discovered muslin face cloths and my life has been changed! They work far better than your typical cotton washcloth, are reusable and are excellent for removing eye makeup.
4. Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller, $10.39 This little roller is great for de-puffing tired eyes. I use it before my concealer if I'm feeling extra tired.
5. Olay Night of Olay Firming Cream, $5.59 There is a reason this little tub is known as a "classic". I use it in the winter when my skin gets dry and wake up with the softest skin.
6. Olay Advanced Cleansing System, $24.99 This vibrating tool rivals the popular Clarisonic, but I think it does the job for a fraction of the cost. I use it in the evenings 3 times a week and it really removes makeup and exfoliates your skin.
7. Johnson's No More Tangles, $3.69 I swear this works just as well as expensive leave in conditioners and detanglers, I use it every time I get out of the shower.
8. Conair Instant Heat Rollers, $22.99 There's no need to invest in expensive rollers, they all do the same thing and this set comes in a travel friendly case.
9. Swissco Comb, $2.99 No need to invest in expensive combs and brushes, they all do the same thing!
10. Organix Coconut Conditioner, $6.99 I love all of the Organix brand products but especially this luscious coconut conditioner, their Morocan line rivals higher priced options too!
11. Coconut Oil, $10.99 This is a trick I picked up on Pinterest. I use Coconut Oil as a deep conditioner (just apply it to dry locks, clip up for an hour or two and wash) and as a lotion on dry skin.
12. L'Oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray, $14.99 Hands down the best hairspray, it holds hair in place without being stiff.
More from GalTime.com:
- Holiday Beauty Recipes To Mix With Your Besties
- 6 Beauty Products I Steal From My Husband
- 5 Tips to Keep Your Hair Color Looking Salon Fresh
- How to Pull Off the Leather Look
Connect with GalTime on Facebook!
Caitlin Moran is a personal style blogger and marketing consultant based out of the DC area. She is an expert in budget friendly fashion and has appeared in USA Weekend, Ladies' Home Journal and The Today Show website. She is the author of Style Within Reach and the Editorial Director at Glitter Guide.