Zooey Deschanel may not have hit a home run with her dress (or her hair for that matter), but her "tuxedo" manicure sure was a winner!
The starlet's menswear inspired mani is similar to the one seen below, created by CND for the Ruffian Fall 2011 runway. You can "dress" up your nails by creating the look at home. Here are CND's step-by-step instructions:
Image courtesy of CND
RELATED: Emma Stone’s Edgy, Effortless Hair
- Apply base coat. Polish a thin coat of concrete gray lacquer (like CND Asphalt Colour) for a sheer, dry brush look.
- Polish one coat of sheer, shimmery lavender (like CND Violet Shimmer Effect)
- Apply one coat of sheer, shimmery blue (like CND Ice Blue Shimmer Effect, seen below)
- Repeat steps 2 and 3, and allow polish to dry completely
- Polish the moon with jet black polish. (like CND Blackjack Colour)
- Using the black polish and a fine detail brush, draw triangles from the center of the nail to the sidewalls and fill in
- Using the smallest tip of a detail brush, create three tiny dots down the center of the nail with your black polish
- Allow to completely dry and apply one coat of top coat