Halloween, one of my favorite times of year, is upon us once again. Makeup artists often get requests to do intricate makeup for Halloween parties…looks that require airbrushing and special effects makeup. For most people, this can be expensive and time-consuming. Don’t get spooked! There are plenty of simple looks that you can create at home with a few key products and tools.
Most of us have the basics already: a black eye pencil, red lipstick, some fun eye shadows, even a bit of glitter. Check out your local craft store to stock up on things like inexpensive rhinestones. With the right makeup, you won’ even need a costume!
Here are some of my favorite, easy Halloween makeup looks:
1. Cat - So simple and so cute! Use a black eye pencil or gel liner with a pointed brush and draw a triangle on your nose. Draw some whiskers and do extend your eyeliner out a bit. Add some sexy false lashes.
2. Goth Chick - I love when someone who is typically a conservative dresser tries something new and goes Goth! Apply a really pale powder or liquid foundation, and black or dark, blood red lipstick. Layer black eyeshadow on and underneath the lids…and you’re ready to hang with the creatures of the night!
3. Fallen Angel - This is similar to Goth Chick, but you can get more creative! Draw some shapes around the eyes and add some black rhinestones.
5. Fairy/Fantasy - Time to get your glitter on! Pick several vibrant eyeshadows and apply very liberally. Then, dust a sparkle powder over the lids and cheeks. Keep the lips sheer and sparkly and add a healthy amount of a pink or peach blush. For real glam, add some rhinestones around your eyes. Simply hold the stone with tweezers, dip into a small amount of lash glue, let the glue get tacky for 10 seconds, and then place the jewels where you want them. The final touch would be either feather or glitter lashes.
6. Doll Makeup – This look is child’s play! Matte your face with pale powder. Apply red lipstick or blush on the cheeks in a circular shape. (You want to make it really obvious.) Then, set with loose powder. Apply lots of mascara to upper lash line and white eye pencil to the lower water line. Add false lashes to the lower lash line. For lips, apply concealer and powder to “erase” them. Then, paint red lipstick in the shape of a doll mouth. You can even add a few freckles with your eye pencil!