Big sexy hair is back and you can have it without a lot of fuss. The key to any hairstyle looking great is to have a great cut. A layered cut gives thick hair movement and relieves weight so you can get the full curly look you want. Even if you have straight hair that is not very thick, you can have big sexy hair with the addition of human hair extensions. You'd be surprised how many celebrities wear human hair extensions to achieve the big sexy look.
- Wash your hair with the best shampoo and conditioner you can afford. Your stylist can give you recommendations on professional products that are best for your hair. If you color your hair, it is essential you use products formulated to protect and preserve your color. If your hair is thin, use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner to give you extra lift. One of the secrets to full hair is to apply conditioner only at the roots so it does not weigh your hair down.
- Towel dry your hair and apply a volumizing mousse to the roots. Apply holding gel to the mid-section and ends of your hair for extra control. Use a large tooth comb to remove any tangles. Be careful of your wet hair. Don't tug or pull since wet hair is more fragile than dry hair.
- Bend over and flip your hair over your head so you can concentrate the flow of your blow dryer on the roots. Dry your hair almost completely dry, stand up and flip your hair back and use a round brush and your blow dryer to lift the roots for maximum volume. Dry the ends by scrunching and fluffing your hair with your fingers.
- Apply a heat protecting product to your hair and divide it into small sections. Starting at the nape of your neck, use a curling iron to curl your hair. Alternate the direction of the curls to achieve the most volume. Secure each curl with hair clips or bobby pins and let your hair cool completely.
- Carefully take the curls down and lightly brush through your hair to give it definition. Lightly back comb the crown and smooth your hair over this section with your paddle brush. You can use a bit of paste to define your curls, spray with hairspray and finishing spray and you're done.
You can also use hot rollers instead of a curling iron. A good time to apply your makeup is while your hair is cooling off. If you don't let your hair cool completely the curls won't last. To protect your hair from the heat of the blow dryer and curling iron, try a product that contains Argan Oil. This oil is one of the best to protect and nourish your hair. Use these five simple steps and you'll have full, gorgeous, and sexy hair worthy of a red carpet.