This year, I’ve vowed to make one of my New Year’s Resolutions a bigger variety of hairstyles. I am notorious for wearing my hair in the same style...day after day…week after week…month after…(okay, you get the idea). So, in honor of ringing in some New Year’s beauty changes, here’s a gorgeous, not-to-hard-to-do hairstyle that’s stunning and super easy (my favorite combo). Headbands are one of this season’s hottest trends and a smart one, I might add, as it’s a classic, timeless style. This headbanded hairdo is a perfect holiday stunner and doesn’t require a professional stylist (fantastic news for my wallet…and my never-ending holiday shopping list). How-to:
- Work a volumizing mousse (for example, L’Oreal Body Builder Mousse) from roots to ends) and blow dry hair as usual. Next, work a bit of shine serum throughout ends. Then flip your head (and hair) upside down spraying hairspray from roots to mid lengths (use hairspray sparingly as you don’t want sticky, crunchy hair). Flip back over and lightly spray your hair all over as you scrunch fistfuls of hair.
- Lightly brush your hair to smooth it. (Be gentle as you want to keep the volume.)
- Using a comb, start teasing the roots at the top and crown area. (Tease liberally as you want that “bump” in the back.)
- Lightly (emphasis on lightly) brush the top layer into a smoothed bump and then spray lightly with hairspray.
- Add your headband, placing it close to the hairline.
There! Now you can be the Belle of the Ball at your next holiday social (or, at the very least, the hair envy of the party). Here’s to sporting a variety of hairdos…starting with this oh-so-trendy headband dazzler. Eat your heart out, Cinderella…