This summer's wedding invites are spread out on your dresser. You're staring blankly into your closet, wondering what you could possibly wear. There's your BFF's black tie nuptials, your co-worker's daytime soiree, and let's not forget your cousin's intimate garden party. It's enough to drive a fashionista crazy!
This wedding season, GalTime's got you covered! With a splash of color, and flowy, light fabrics, you're guaranteed to look cool, stay cool, and celebrate in style. Bridal styling expert Lacy Pool shows us how:
What to wear to a daytime wedding:
* Summer daytime weddings are always influenced by the warm weather, no matter the venue! Fabric and fit will be key.
* Look for shorter dresses with a more forgiving skirt shape in breathable fabrics, such as cotton or Dupioni silk.
* Keep the neckline open, preferably with straps. Strapless is acceptable, but consider wearing your hair down. An updo may look over-the-top.
Related: How to Attend a Wedding on a Budget
Ann Taylor Soft Cascades Sleeveless Dress, $158
* Lightly colored prints are perfect. if you start to sweat, it will be less noticeable!
* Keep the accessories simple, and avoid heavy sparkle. Dress as if you are headed to a lunch date with your significant other.
* If you feel you're wearing too many accessories, you probably are. Simple earrings, a bracelet, and some wedge heels are just right! (Plus, you won't sink into the grass if the festivities are outdoors!)
What to wear to a nighttime wedding:
* Nighttime weddings can be a fun way to experiment with style. Warm weather is infamous for wreaking havoc on your hair, so decide what you'll do with your tresses, then take it from there.
* If your hair is side swept and low, try some fantastic chandelier earrings to draw attention to your gorgeus face.
* Strapless styles will be comfy and cool. Make sure that your undergarments are secure and fit properly. That way, you're not tugging at them all night long.
* As for color, darker shades are acceptable, but a bright hue will be fun and unexpected. Great colors for summer include coral and turquoise. There's no better way to show off sun kissed skin!
* Shorter lengths are still appropriate, given the time of the year, so raise the hemline and get some killer sparkly stems. Warmer colors play best with gold. Grab an easy clutch, and you're off!
What to wear to a black tie wedding:
* Because black tie weddings are formal, fabric choice is key. Velvet, tweed and anything thick are out! My favorite is a breezy, flowy organza floor-length gown.
* When it comes to makeup and accessories, have fun! Sparkles, shimmer, statement pieces...anything goes! Just make sure that your outfit makes sense aesthetically. For example, with the Sarah Seven gown below, play off of the greek flair and add a statement cuff or gladiator stilettos.
* Have fun! A long satin black dress with diamond studs is beautiful, but it's also overplayed. Be original!
What to wear to a small, intimate wedding:
* A small, intimate wedding should be considered a privilege to attend. Be aware of what you wear.
* First, if there are any bridal attendants, check to see what they are wearing. You do not want to show up in anything remotely similar.
* Remain understated and elegant. This is not the time to take an outrageous wardrobe risk.
Related: 5 Dresses EVERY Gal Should Own!
* A great choice for this type of event would be a textured ensemble. Lace (not bridal lace) would be perfect.
Shabby Apple Tiffany Blue Alice Lace Dress, $88
* Although pastels and brights are trendy, navy would be a beautiful and classic tone for such an intimate setting, and totally appropriate for summer.
* Neutral sling backs complement this style perfectly, and simple, colorful studs will finish it off quite nicely.
More from GalTime:
- Picture Perfect Summer Event Makeup
- Hottest Sneakers for Zumba, Yoga, Running and More!
- How to Wear the Hottest Trends at Work
- Bathing Suits: Find Your Perfect Fit
After years of expert bridal styling and high-end buying, Lacy Pool and Jessica Epstein, a boutique owner, evolved their passion into a label, "Grayson Elise." (Their daughters' namesake) As co-founders of this professional styling and design team, they have translated their knowledge within the industry to fulfill their dreams of creating a collection, while continuing to style with an elite team of vendors.