Seems like I'm always being told what to stock my closet with (LBD, anyone?), but what classic pieces should I have in my jewelry box? A bauble's color, shine, and texture have the power to transform any outfit!
Kendra Scott, CEO and Founder of Kendra Scott Jewelry, gives GalTime the scoop on 5 timeless pieces that every woman should have at her fingertips.
1. Dangly Earrings: Whether classic black, or bright and shiny, dangly earrings are modern, elegant and guaranteed to get you compliments. They can be paired with everything from an evening dress to a basic t-shirt and jeans.
Danielle Earrings, $60.00
2. Statement Necklace: Not only can this timeless piece easily "make" an outfit, Kendra says its extremely wearable for women of all ages, making it a smart investment. Statement necklaces are also versatile. They can be worn with everything from a formal, strapless dress to a solid colored shirt in a complimentary, or contrasting, color.
Just remember Kendra's advice: Avoid wearing this type of necklace with dangly or bold earrings. This pairing can overwhelm you and your outfit, so reach for some smaller studs, and try a cocktail ring for extra bling!
Harlow Statement Necklace, $129.97
3. Cocktail Ring: Never underestimate the power of a bold cocktail ring! This oversized bauble is classy, sexy, and instantly spices up any outfit...and we mean any outfit! So go ahead...put a ring on it!
Tela Cocktail Ring, $39.97
4. Stellar Studs: Kendra says everyday studs are a necessity. For a casual day, or with an eye-catching statement necklace, a set of neutral studs will always come in handy. Have a backup pair of colorful, sassy studs on hand for when you're feeling funky!
Morgan Stud Earrings, $55.00
5. Cuff Bracelet: With mecury rising, and sleeves starting to get shorter, it's the perfect time to pick up a classic cuff. This is a must-have piece that you can mix and match with almost anything, so don't feel guilty if you spend some extra dough on one. Kendra says its worth every penny!
You can go for a solid cuff, mix things up with a cool geometric shape, or try a sparkler embedded with jewels. Most are adjustable to fit any wrist size!
Roni Filigree Cuff, $150.00
More from GalTime:
- The High-Low Hemline: Take Your Style to New Heights
- Neon Brights Sizzle for Spring
- Spring Shades: Timeless Shapes Make a Comeback
- 5 Must-Have Hair Gems (All Under $10!)
In 2002, Kendra Scott launched a mini jewelry collection with just $500. Today it is a global multimillion-dollar label with boutiques in Austin, Dallas and Beverly Hills, a showroom in NYC and sold in over a thousand select department and specialty stores worldwide. Kendra Scott Jewelry has become a staple amongst Hollywood’s elite including Eva Longoria, Sofia Vergara, Cameron Diaz and Hilary Duff. Kendra remains committed to her founding philosophies, “Family, Fashion & Philanthropy” and is founder & co-chair of LEAP as well as a keynote speaker for the American Heart Association’s Go Red Campaign for Women.
Want more? Find other pieces by Kendra Scott online at www.kendrascott.com