It’s Rodeo time once again, and no matter where you plan to enjoy it, you can look amazing without having to look like you stepped out of an old western. We visited with our new pal Melissa Lucich, store manager of our favorite Houston fashion boutique Langford Market, to get the skinny on how to interpret the Rodeo look six different chic ways.
Outfit 1: Trendy
One-shoulder tops are still hot, and for Rodeo is no exception. I always love adding a stark white accent piece to give it an edge, whether it be your bag, earrings, or a statement necklace like Melissa has here. Picture Samantha of SATC making her fierce way between barbecue stalls in this hot get-up!
Outfit 2: Bohemian
The “hippie” or bohemian look has that relaxed casual vibe that just seems to work for a western look, too. Earthy tones and prints (LOVE this asymmetrical one) as well as tan leather for your belts and boots bring it together.
Outfit 3: Flirty
You never know who you’ll meet at the Rodeo, so catch that cowboy’s eye with a sexy dress. Ruffles are the epitome of western flirtiness while the deep colors are sensual yet modern. If it gets cold, just add a cardigan or denim jacket.
Outfit 4: Romantic
Be sweet in a tiny floral print skirt. It reminds us of those long prairie skirts, but a mini is more up-to-date. And you can’t go wrong with the precious bows on this delicate pink top. The drop necklace is perfect to add a little kick.
Outfit 5: Business
One of our favorite things to do at WTW is find ways to transition your look from work to after-hours, and this look does that! The khaki color and dark denim jeans make for a sophisticated western look – all you need is the right jewelry and cowboy boots – done!
Outfit 6: Party
A mini with boots is the ultimate Rodeo party look. The neon orange blouse is chic under the lucite-beaded necklace (which looks like a snake)!
More Rodeo Tips:
- Cowboy boots make any look more western! You don’t have to spend $500 to find a great pair; look for resale shops or stores like Urban Outfitters who occasionally carry western boots.
- Accessories make the outfit, and if you are at a loss clothes-wise as to what to wear, wear something basic and slip on a turquoise necklace, cowgirl hat, and big, silver-buckled belt.
- Handbags add that extra twist and bring your outfit from being too western (try a bright-colored clutch) or not enough western (snakeskin, reptile, and ostrich are all great leather choices as well as woven looks).
Special thanks to Melissa Lucich and Minerva Hajovsky of Langford Market in the Heights, Houston, for putting together these fabulous looks from their store and sharing their tips!
About Langford Market
Langford Market is a trendy, moderately-priced boutique that carries quality clothing, accessories and handbags. I am never at a loss for a great outfit, piece of jewelry or handbag when I visit. You may have heard of their sister stores, such as Duo, Wish, and Method.
They have the most amazing promotions, too. Last month, I got $200 worth of stuff for just $100! If you sign up for their newsletter (just email Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org), you can receive a special coupon each time.
Who doesn’t love to gossip and sip bubbly while they shop? Langford knows this and hosts cool events throughout the year:
- 19th on 19th” monthly shopping event
- First Saturday art expo (as part of the bigger 19th Street affair)
- “Bubbles at Black Finn” happy our events at the Black Finn American Grille
- Mistletoe Madness
- White Linen Night
- Or have your own private shopping event for your friends (i.e. a shop-for-our-girls-trip shopping party). They’ll close the shop down and help you and your friends put together great looks!
Their pricepoints are typically as follows:
- Tops - $24.90 - $44.90
- Dresses - $39.90 - $59.90
- Bottoms - $44.90 – 59.90
- Jewelry - $12.90 - $32
Locations include Houston Heights, Houston Rice Village, Houston Memorial City Mall, San Antonio, Austin Warehouse District, and New Orleans. A new shoe store (!) just opened in Memorial City called “ “. Visit Melissa and her team in the Heights if you ever make your way to Houston:Langford Market Heights Houston 249 W. 19th St. | Houston, TX 77008 email@example.com (713) 880-1515