One of the best things about summer is the outdoor concerts and music festivals. As if seeing a great band perform live isn’t fun enough, when the show is moved out into the sunshine or under the stars, it turns into every music lover’s own little piece of heaven. Festivals give music junkies the opportunity to see several of their favorite artists all in one place and make it easy to discover amazing new ones as well. Spending the entire day listening to music while enjoying local fare and surrounded by fellow festival goers takes the concert experience to all new heights.
For a successful day or weekend, make sure you have these five festival staples:
- Water Bottle: It’s incredibly important to stay hydrated when you’re spending the entire day in the hot sun (especially if you indulge in a couple of beers). Bring along a large reusable water bottle to save money on overpriced bottled water and be environmentally friendly! Most festival grounds have several water refill stations to keep their patrons happy and healthy.
- Sunscreen: When you’re hopping from stage to stage to catch all of your favorite acts, it’s easy to forget that UV rays are beating down on you all day. Prevent a nasty sunburn by applying a broad spectrum sunscreen of at least 30 SPF and don’t forget to reapply!
- Tank Top: Ward off the heat while embracing the chill festival vibe in a flowing tank. Pick one with a cool print in a bright, sunny color. Avoid looking like a first-timer or groupie by staying away from shirts that feature the band you’re seeing. There will be plenty of those people there already, so be an individual and stand out! Also, your friends will have a much easier time spotting you if you guys get separated in the crowd.
- Sneakers: At a festival, comfort is the most important consideration when choosing your shoes. Nothing wrecks a great day like aching, blistering feet. Stick to a trendy but practical pair of old-school sneakers with a vibrant print (florals fit right in with the setting) to keep your feet happy. Stay away from white or pale colors that will show dirt stains. Flip-flops are definitely off-limits in a crowd since anyone could step all over your feet.
- Satchel: A lightweight cross-body satchel is a must on festival day. The last thing you want to worry about is hauling a heavy shoulder bag around or trying to keep all of your belongings in check. Pick a bag that’s spacious enough to hold everything you need but small enough that it’s still comfortable and easy to carry.
With these five things and your music-loving friends by your side, you’ll be ready to enjoy a fantastic day of great performances and fun. If you haven’t bought your tickets to a festival near you, click on one of the links below and get ready for one of the best days of your summer.