Cinco de Mayo is a great excuse for many of us to sip on tasty tequila drinks and savor the flavor of Mexican fare. While we love the traditional Margarita, here are a couple other options that make us say !Ay Caramba!
HOT 'N SWEET
Signature Cinco de Mayo Drink Recipe from Sazerac - Seattle, WA
- 1 oz Jalapeno Tequila
- ¾ oz Lemon Juice
- ½ oz simple syrup
- ¾ oz lemonade
- Combine, shake and strain into Collins glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with Jalapeno or Serrano Pepper.
Related: Tangerine Rosemary Mimosa
1 lime, juiced
2 scoops lemon sorbet
4 scoops lime sherbet
4 shots tequila
1/2 shot Triple Sec or other orange liqueur
- Place all ingredients in blender and process on high. Pour into glasses and garnish with a round slice of lime.
ROCKIN' MARGARITA ON ICE
- 2 cups sweet and sour mix
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1/3 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 1/2 cups gold tequila
- 2 limes, quartered
- Salt the rims of 8 glasses, then fill with ice.
- In a blender, combine sweet and sour mix, Triple Sec, tequila and Grand Marnier. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses, squeeze a quarter lime into each glass, and serve.
More from GalTime: