- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 6 flour tortillas (12 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- Sour cream and salsa
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. In a small saucepan, cook refried beans over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of beans off-center on each tortilla; top with about 2 rounded tablespoons of beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown burritos in oil on all sides. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Taste of Home is at heart a friendly exchange of authentic family-favorite recipes handed down over generations and shared among loved ones. Taste of Home recipes are practical because they're from home cooks—not gourmet chefs—and feature familiar, everyday ingredients; clear, beautiful photos; and easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions. And because each is individually tested by culinary experts in our Test Kitchens, Taste of Home recipes are reliable; we guarantee that you can count on success each time you prepare one.