- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough onto an ungreased baking sheet; press together, forming a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Seal seams and perforations. Spoon filling lengthwise down the center third of dough.
- On each long side, cut dough 3 in. toward the center at 1-1/2-in. intervals, forming strips. Bring one strip from each side over filling; pinch ends to seal. Repeat. Pinch ends of loaf to seal.
- Brush with egg white; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts 1 slice equals 457 calories, 31 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Remove the fat but keep the flavor in a recipe by replacing one-third to one-half of the mayonnaise with reduced-fat plain yogurt.