While traveling is great for our minds and souls, sometimes I find it challenging to keep our bodies healthy when on-the-go, at the airports and away from a home routine. If you want to enjoy your vacation and still fit in your fabulous clothes when you come back, then try some of my tips that I use when I travel:
Six Easy Tips To Eating Great When Traveling:
- Bobble Water Bottle - This reusable water bottle comes in many color combinations to match any outfit and it has a filter, so it is easy to refill with tap water. Now you can save money on bottled water AND help the environment by reducing plastic!
- Whole Oranges - Thirsty when traveling? Grab an orange. No need to wash them, just peel, so they are perfect when stuck in your seat during flight. Because it is a whole fruit, you can get them through security at the airport.
- Bananas - loaded with potassium, bananas will help reduce bloating when flying and keep your hunger at bay, so you don't over-indulge.
- CHIA Greens+ Bars - Better than a salad you will find at an airport take-out AND it is Chocolate-covered! Use these as a meal or as dessert.
- Dr. McDougall Split Pea Soup, Reduced Sodium - Because it is a dry soup, you can easily bring it to the airport and just fill up with hot water once past security. It is only 200 calories and packed with protein and fiber! For $1.50 a cup, it is a better deal than airport food.
- Greens+ Sticks- These little stick-packets are a perfect way to get your greens and vital nutrients while on-the-go. Just mix with water and drink up first thing in the morning!