As the sun shines down, and it soon gets too hot for pants, what do you wear? Why, shorts, of course! There is a slight problem, though. Shorts come in a myriad of styles! This variety is welcomed at times. However, everyone’s body is slightly different, and it can get tiresome to shop for just the right pair.
So how can we fix that? Well, I’m here to try! I'm going to help you out, as everyone has had trouble finding the most complementing cut. Just stick with me as I go through some of the most popular cuts, and you'll soon find out which one is the best for you!
(I’ve had a little help here from this site that goes in to detail the following styles. Check it out for more reference: http://fashion.about.com/od/stylebasics/ss/shortsforbody.htm)
- First up is the mid-length. You know those shorts that aren’t quite knee length yet longer than short-shorts? Yes, those are the ones I’m talking about here. These are probably the most universal of all the styles, as anyone of any body shape could ‘rock’ these. The length is just long enough to cover up the most problem area for anyone, the upper thigh, but short enough so as to not cut your legs in half, so to speak. So when in doubt? Go with the mid-length.
- Next is the knee length. These are particularly helpful in covering up any flab or dimples in the upper things. They also work well for those of you gifted with height. Those of us who are on the shorter side, though? Stay away from these. They’ll just take off even more inches.
- It’s time for the short shorts. My personal favorite, these are perfect for everyone with …you guessed it, short legs! They really accentuate and make them appear longer than they actually are. Got to love illusions, huh? Another plus to them is that if you get just the right length, they’ll still be able to cover any upper thigh flab. Do avoid short shorts that are rolled at the bottoms though. They’ll emphasize your smaller stature.
- Bermuda shorts are up now. They’re not just for those with curves, either! Coming down to just above the knee, they’re the perfect pair of dressy shorts for when it’s too hot for slacks. Pop on a pair of platform flip-flops and you can even work your calves while extending the leg!
- Last but not least, these are a deviation on the aforementioned short shorts. As I said before, short shorts are great with those not as tall, but what about those tall with skinny legs? How about short shorts with rolled cuffs at the bottom! They’re super cute, casual, and do an illusion all their own! Making stick skinny legs appear to have a little more curve. Fooling the eye is as easy as buying the right pair of shorts. Who knew?
There you go! Next time you have any problems in the shorts department, just reference this list, and you'll be good to go! Have fun shopping, everyone!