With summer fast approaching, what better way to spend time with the kids than frolicking about in your local parks? So now, whether you’re planning an afternoon picnic or a casual stroll, you can choose the ideal location for your family outing with this list of the top 5 parks in the Hamptons.
1. Cedar Point County Park, located on the tip of the Northwest Harbor and stretching over 600 square acres, is a beautiful destination, whether for an afternoon outing or a family camping trip, we definitely recommend it. With its old lighthouse and breath-taking stretch of beach, it also perfect for a family walk. The park’s swings and playgrounds provide a welcome distraction for the kids.
2. Whilst walking along the Elizabeth A. Morton National Wildlife Refuge you’re bound to encounter many different sceneries, ranging from a stunning sandy beach to cedar and oak forests. However, this diversity plays an important role; the park is home to many species of animals, giving the kids a chance to spot some rare turtles and exotic sea birds. Don’t forget to bring along plenty of birdseed!
3. Sears Bellows County Park is another must-see. A park designed for the outdoorsman, Sear Bellows offers boat rentals on freshwater Bellows Pond for those who want to try their hand at fishing, while the woody, inland trails attract the hikers and campers.
4. If you’re looking for a change of pace and a way to spend time with your teenage boys, then the Town of East Hampton Youth Park (also known as the Amagansett Skate Park) is the place for you. Commonly known as the Amagansett Skate Park by the locals, the park is swarming with skateboarders, but also attracts ice skaters and tennis players to their indoor facilities. Armed with your kneepads and helmet, we definitely suggest you hit up this park for a day of fun.
5. If you’re looking for a more traditional park, then look no further than Agawam Park. Situated at the mouth of Agawam Lake, this park is certainly not lacking in attractions. The park features a playground and climbing frame, as well as basketball courts and softball fields, so get your sports kit out!