Sometimes your getaway doesn't have to be on a beach or mountain. You can simply have a blast in any major city and enjoy all the attractions it has to offer with your friends. New York City, Chicago, San Francisco...all great choices to make the most of your spring break! So what to wear this time of year for some fabulous memories? Check out our guide below.
The last thing you want to do before you leave for your trip is be unprepared in the wardrobe department. Careful planning eliminates forgotten items and helps make your trip wa-aaay easier when deciding what to wear and how much room you have for all of your souvenirs.
|$79.99 | Shop Now at Mango||$16.99 | Shop Now at Urban Outfitters||$69.50 | Shop Now at Esprit|
|$59.90 | Shop Now at Mango||$79.99 | Shop Now at Mango||$35 | Shop Now at Old Navy|
|$59.99 | Shop Now at Athleta||$155 | Shop Now at Isabella Oliver||$149 | Shop Now at Shoes.com|
|$148 | Shop Now at French Connection||$32 | Shop Now at Urban Outfitters||$9.99 | Shop Now at Gap|
|$48.71 | Shop Now at The Buckle||$79.50 | Buy at Esprit||$99.99 | Shop Now at Fergie Shoes|
|$19.50 | Shop Now at Delia's||$25.50 | Shop Now at Esprit||$115 | Shop Now at Isabella Oliver|
|$34.99 | Shop Now at Esprit||$34.50 | Shop Now at Delia's||$83.99 | Shop Now at Esprit|
Have you booked your site-seeing tour in New York yet? Click here for the best rates on NYC tours!
- Breakfast/Tour/Lunch/Shopping - Coat + Scarf #1+ Sweater + Shirt + Skinny jeans + Ankle boots
- Casual dinner/bar - Coat + Tunic sweater + Vest + Black pants + Knee-high boots
- Breakfast/Museum/Lunch/Shopping - Coat + Scarf #2 + Sweaterdress + Tights + Ankle boots
- Show/Nice dinner - Coat + Vest + Dress + Tights + Heels
- Breakfast/Park or Pier/Lunch - Coat + Scarf #1 + Long-sleeved tee + T-shirt + Mini Skirt + Ankle boots
- Dinner/Drinks - Coat + Turleneck + Black Pants + Knee-High Boots
- Breakfast/Hanging out/Lunch/More hanging out - Blouse + Long-sleeved tee + Skinny jeans + Ankle Boots
- Casual Dinner/Bar - Coat + Sweaterdress + Vest + Knee-high boots
- Don't forget, unless you have the luxury of a private car or taxi service, you will be doing a LOT of walking! Make sure your shoes are comfortable, broken in, and weather-resistant (I once broke the heel of my fabulous alligator-green boots, trekking around NYC for hours...oops!). The only time you can probably get away with some heel action is at night, so make it a good pair!
- Layers are your best bet for a comfortable city trip. If it's chilly outside, you can bet the air's cranked up inside. And don't be afraid to mix patterns and colors...it will add a nice touch to a gray, winter-esque day.
- Accessories, as always, can really enhance your outfit. Try a different pop of color or a pattern around your neck. A cool hat or some sweet gloves can add polish to any outfit. You'll be warm and look gooood.
- Think about reusing pieces in your suitcase like jeans or vests. All you have to do is air them out for another wear.
- Make sure everything coordinates. That means all your shoes can go with any outfit, all your separates can go with each other, etc. Stick to a color palette if that helps! (Examples: Check out how we did a muted colors here.)
- Measure twice, cut once. Okay, you may not be cutting anything in this case, but make sure you've planned your outfits in advance. It wouldn't hurt, too, if you have room, to bring an extra sweater or versatile dress.
- Don't overdo the shoes! You reeeally don't need that many. The less you pack, the more you can bring home.
New York City (Book cheap accommodations in New York City)
San Francisco (Book cheap accommodations in San Francisco)