Your summer vacation that you’ve been looking forward to all summer is around the corner…and all you can do is agonize over packing. With exorbitant baggage fees and limited space, packing for a trip can put a damper on preparing for your getaway. To maximize space and minimize your worries, make sure you pack these 5 essentials:
- Sundress: A fun and trendy sundress is one of the best summer clothing items because of its versatility. If the day’s itinerary calls for sightseeing or checking out some local stores, a dress makes an easy, instant outfit. Transform the look for dinnertime by adding a great pair of pumps and a jacket. A sundress also makes a pretty cover-up for a day at the pool or the beach. When lunchtime rolls around, just throw it back on and you’re instantly restaurant ready!
- Jacket: Weather conditions can be hard to predict and many places cool off at night, so make sure you pack a light jacket or blazer to keep you warm. Adding a jacket to a daytime outfit also makes it a little dressier for evening.
- Comfortable Shoes: Blisters are your worst enemy on a sightseeing vacation. Bring an old favorite pair of shoes that are nicely broken in and won’t give you any trouble. A neutral pair of sandals can coordinate with any outfit, day or night, so you’ll save valuable space by not packing too many different pairs of shoes.
- High-waisted Shorts: Daisy Dukes may be acceptable if you’re in your 20s and headed to the beach or a festival, but they aren’t very appropriate for most occasions. The smarter option is a well-tailored pair of high-waisted shorts that can be worn during the day with a breezy top or dressed up at night with a silky top and jacket. They can also do wonders for your figure since they cinch at your natural waist instead of grabbing your hips!
- Blouse: A flowy, colorful blouse is an instant outfit maker. It can be paired with any bottoms, which leads to endless outfit options. Pick a flattering color or a fun pattern to add some flair to your ensembles.
These five pieces will cut down your packing list to the perfect size. Bring along plenty of fun jewelry pieces to accessorize your outfits and add the perfect finishing touch. To find the perfect bag for your traveling needs, check out one of these luggage stores in the Denver area: