You should be dreaming about relaxing on the beach during your upcoming vacation, but all you can do is agonize over packing. With exorbitant baggage fees and limited space, packing for a trip can put a damper on preparing for your getaway. To maximize space and minimize your worries, make sure you pack these 5 essentials:
- Sundress: Your favorite sundress is one of the most versatile pieces you can wear for summer. Throw it on for a relaxed day of sightseeing or shopping. Dress it up with heels and a jacket for a more sophisticated dinner look. A sundress also makes a cute cover-up for the pool.
- Jacket: Weather can be temperamental and chilly at night, so make sure you pack a light jacket or blazer to keep you warm. Adding a jacket to a daytime outfit also makes it a little dressier for evening.
- Comfortable Shoes: Blisters are your worst enemy on a sightseeing vacation. Bring an old favorite pair of shoes that are nicely broken in and won’t give you any trouble. A neutral pair of sandals can coordinate with any outfit, day or night, so you’ll save valuable space by not packing too many different pairs of shoes.
- High-waisted Shorts: Daisy Dukes may be acceptable if you’re in your 20s and headed to the beach or a festival, but they aren’t very appropriate for most occasions. The smarter option is a well-tailored pair of high-waisted shorts that can be worn during the day with a breezy top or dressed up at night with a silky top and jacket. They can also do wonders for your figure since they cinch at your natural waist instead of grabbing your hips!
- Blouse: A flowy, colorful blouse is an instant outfit maker. It can be paired with any bottoms, which leads to endless outfit options. Pick a flattering color or a fun pattern to add some flair to your ensembles.
These five items will scale back your packing list to a TSA and airline approved size. Bring an ample selection of bright jewelry pieces to compliment your outfits and add the perfect finishing touch without taking up a lot of space. To find the best bag for your traveling requirements, visit one of the following luggage stores in the Los Angeles region: