When decorating or updating a room in Phoenix check out In The Pink. Never underestimate the little pieces that can complete a room. When working with smaller pieces of decor you have more ability to work with paint.
We live in this world of color . . .but did you know that each color can make a certain emotion arise in us? Dr. Soroya Bacchus, a triple board certified psychiatrist, says that colors evoke visceral responses in our bodies. Synesthesia, a neurological condition, reveals colors are often linked to strong emotions.
So why not decorate your home with colors that bring a special sentiment to each room? An easy and impactful way to change the ambience of a room is to paint the walls. Painting your walls can add a pop of color and change the effect of a room. If you opt for a neutral color, it allows for artwork, pillows rugs and other decorations in your room to pop and give off certain vibes.
The international interior paint colors trends research team from the Color Marketing Group made predictions about the most popular paint colors in 2011. In general, they predicted the use of colors that are relaxing, soft, muted and comfortable, such as neutral gray and green-yellow. However, they also recommend a dark chocolate and smoky purple combination (very cute!).
Chris Ring from ProTect Painters describes what each color can bring to a room.
- Tranquility and confidence.
- Is the least appetizing color, so should not be the main color in kitchens.
- Produces calming chemicals in the body, so people are more productive.
- Representative of nature, health, and relaxation.
- Currently, the most popular color for decorating because it is easiest on the eyes.
- Suited for almost any room in the home. It can promote comfort in the living room and also fertility in the bedroom.
- Connected with spirituality, nobility, and wisdom.
- Most successful when used sparingly.
- Brings people together.
- Stimulates conversation in the living room and appetite in the kitchen.
- Can increase heart rate, so neutral accents should be utilized.
- Inspiring and hopeful.
- People tend to lose their tempers most often in yellow rooms.
- Hardest color for the eye to take in.
- Enhances concentration.
- Speeds metabolism.
- Denotes balance, excitement and has luminous qualities.
- Great for an exercise room.
- Symbolizes power, formality, and elegance.
- Effective in small doses as an accent color.
- Simple, pure, clean, and brings a summery lightness to any room.
- Works well with accents, artwork and colored furnishings.
If you’re thinking of changing a wall color or two Home Depot serves as a great source for quality and fairly priced paint in EVERY color. Take a trip to Home Depot to get some ideas of color schemes that would work for your home.
In the Pink
4422 E Camelback Rd # B,
2650 West Thunderbird Road,