Enjoy the sun and get lost in books all summer long.
- Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand – Called “Queen of the Summer Novel” Silver Girl reflects Meredith’s journey after her reputation is damaged because her husband cheated investors out of billions of dollars. She rekindles a bond with an old best friend, as they set out to the island to heal, the power of friendship, the pull of love and the beauty of forgiveness weave a captivating tale of remembrance and redemption on the sands of a Nantucket summer.
- Abandon by Meg Cabot - The Florida Keys has an underworld not that much different from a rough nightclub. For that reason (and because she refused to stay dead after drowning in her swimming pool), Pierce is in no mood to spend an eternity with its lord, whom she calls John.
- Groundswell by Katie Lee - The book tells the story of a young woman who seems to have it all--until her whole world turns upside down when she catches her husband cheating. After filing for divorce, she embarks on a journey of self-discovery that takes her to the west coast of Mexico, where she learns how to surf and how to love again.
- The Best Worst Thing by Kristen Brown - This inspirational memoir chronicles the author’s crazy adventure through grief after her young, healthy husband's unexpected death left her a widow mom of an infant. She went to surf camp, got a tattoo, started a business, went to Hollywood celebrity events and questioned the meaning of life and death.
- Halfway to Each Other: How a Year in Italy Brought Our Family Home by Susan Pohlman - An inspirational memoir about marriage and family. After a business trip to Italy with an expected divorce upon their return to the states, the family decides during the last 48 hours there, to sign a lease on a furnished apartment and try to start over in another country.
- Life Lessons: A Guide to Creating and Living Your Best Life by Brian Bartes - A great read for a rejuvenating escape to plan the rest of your life.
- The Magical Man List by Christie Walker Bos - After a frightening brush with death, Sam decides not to waste another second in finding her soul mate, including breaking into a baseball stadium and almost drowning! But if there's one thing Sam and Marta discover on their hilarious journey--there's no sacrifice too great when it comes to finding true love.
- Aint No Sunshine: Men Reveal the Pain of Heartbreak by Kimberley Johnson and Ann Werner - The book takes a look at what really happens when men suffer a broken heart.
- Monogamy Sucks by George Pappas - Jake Dalmas has a restless heart. After a couple months, or even days, the thrill of a new romantic relationship fades and he longs to be single again. More than a little curious, Jake finds himself attracted to the hidden, taboo world of swingers where singles and couples nightly shed their inhibitions.
- Perfect on Paper by Maria Murnane - Waverly Bryson has a dream job in sports PR, two loyal best friends, and a neighborhood bar where everybody knows her name. What she doesn’t have is a ring on her finger, but after being left at the altar, she’s in no hurry to go down that road again. Besides, she has other things to worry about, including a wayward father, a new rival at work, and the nagging fear that she’s not living the life she always thought she would … or should.
- Trance of Insignificance by Jennifer Rainville – A deeply moving tale of a woman’s struggle to surrender her past. It centers on two characters that work at a TV news station and how their affair resurfaces years later.
- Tom’s Wife by Alana Cash – Tells the story of a lonely farmwife during the Great Depression with a crude, vulgar and abusive husband. She is conflicted when she meets a clean and sweet traveling peddler…
- A Deadly Drought by Lesley A. Diehl - Money is always a problem for Hera Knightbridge’s microbrewery, but now drought makes water scarce for all the breweries in the Butternut Valley. Worse, she discovers a rival brewer murdered in his brew barn and is forced to team up with an unlikely partner.
Other Popular Books
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Series
- Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Janet Evanovich: Stephanie Plum Novel series by Janet Evanovich
- Traveling. Keep a book in your car, when you’re waiting for your take out, to pick the kids up, taking the bus and of course on your vacations!
- Privacy. Lock your door and cuddle up. Or take a bath and relax. And unplug! Turn your cell on silent and shut your laptop to pursue the kind of escape that will take you somewhere!
- Early mornings. Wake up fifteen/thirty minutes earlier and head to the back porch with coffee or orange juice to start the day with a good book. Or read in the bath in the mornings to start the day.
- Exercising. Read while you’re on the treadmill or elliptical. The Kindle has a large font option which makes reading easier while doing this.
- Audio books
St. Louis Bookstores
Left Bank Books
321 North 10th,
Saint Louis, MO