Every season brings fresh ideas in wedding gowns, invitations, cakes and centerpieces. But one wedding element that never goes out of style is your registry, and all of the items you chose to be on it.
Think about it. It's the one chance you have to be given ALL the things you need to start your own life. What an opportunity, so don't blow it! (Can you spell P-R-E-S-S-U-R-E?)
To ease the stress and set you on the right path, we turned to expert bride guide Susan Fredman of the Susan Fredman Design Group.
Here are her top tips to make registering a cinch:
1. Register Well in Advance: Registering is important for both you and your guests and should be one of the first steps you take in your planning process. It ensures that you will receive a gift that reflects your personal style while taking out the guesswork for your guests.
2. Get Your Fiancé to Help: Gifts from your registry are for the life you're building together as a couple, so make sure you both are involved. Talk about what style you want, take inventory of what you already have, and select pieces that will work with your combined taste and styles.
3. Life-Long Gifts: Think about your lifestyle and plan for it as you register. Avoid registering for things that are trendy or that you may not like forever. Instead, register for pieces that you will enjoy for years to come. Think about the items that your mom has had since her wedding!
4. Make Adjustments: Your registry will be automatically updated when a guest purchases a gift. Make sure to add things continuously, giving your guests more variety to choose from. The goal is to register for around two items per guest.
5. Say Thanks: Make sure to let the guests know that their gifts have arrived and that you are thrilled! Sending thank-you notes to your guests promptly shows them that you are sincerely thankful and appreciate their generosity.