Imagine winning a reality show, but losing your heart. That's exactly what happened to Bachelor Pad 2 winner Michael Stagliano when, in the winning finale, he found out that the love of his life, Holly Durst, was engaged to rival Blake Julian.
We caught up with Michael to talk a little bit about love lost, reality regrets, and even get a little dating advice from one of America's favorite bachelors.
You won the Bachelor Pad 2, but it had to be kind of a bittersweet victory when you found out Holly was engaged. Talk a little bit about that.
It was! Even though it filmed about a month ago now, I still distinctly remember feeling like I didn't win. So, I'd say mostly bitter. Not bitter because I was angry, but bitter because I was hurt and felt disappointed in Holly. Additionally, I am sure it was no surprise that the show was really difficult and emotionally draining. I had imagined (If I won) that the finale would be this final chapter to it all, where I had a feeling of resolution and the adventure ending. Instead, it was a blindside and, though we did win, I still felt like a new wound was opened.
Do you have any regrets about the show? Would you do things differently if you had to do it over?
If you asked me that question 48 hours after we got done, I think I would have said, "yes", I have regrets. Now that I am a month out I wouldn't do things any differently and I don't have any regrets...except one. I regret hitting Erica Rose with a 90mph egg-ball. Love her. Felt terrible. Would erase it if I could. :)
You're single now. What are your plans for your dating future?
I am not a big dater...Ha ha ha...and I say that because I know what I want. I'm not even very picky. I just don't need a lot of time. Another way to say this is, if you kiss me on the mouth, that's pretty much it. I am a one woman kind of guy, not interested in sleeping around at all, or playing the field AT ALL. (Yes, my guy friends are rolling their eyes and getting ready to punch me in the throat as I type this!) I am just not built that way. My plan is: she is out there, and I will find her. So if you are reading this, I'm coming!
Okay now for the ladies out there, how about some dating tips? First up, give us three secrets guys wish their girlfriends knew about them.
1. We like being told we look nice.
2. We don't ever want to watch Friends, or Sex in the City or the Notebook (EVER). If we say we do, we are lying.
3. A home cooked meal at the end of a long day of work makes us feel loved. Even though we never say it, and just unbutton our pants and moan on the couch with an overly expanded gut. We love it, thank you.
What are three things a girl should never ask her guy?
1. Do you think "she" is pretty?
2. What do you miss about your ex girlfriend?
3. What kind of wedding cake do you want?
What are some good "first date" conversations that'll get both people talking--and offend no one?
There are so many. My family talks A LOT around the dinner table so I have TONS of questions in my inventory. Some favorites of mine:
1. What is your favorite vacation?
2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
3. What are three things you like about yourself? (Disclaimer: You can feel free to brag on this one)
4. (If things are going well and you are comfortable) What are three things you wish you could change? (This can be very telling and/or be very funny.)
Good luck, Michael! Keep us posted on your love search. WE will be watching!