So imagine my surprise when he admitted to me the other day that he secretly has a thing for Lady Gaga songs. So not his normal genre of music. And this isn't the first time he's admitted to a less than manly music choice. I mean, Erasure anyone? (Sorry honey!)
So it made me wonder. What other artists and songs do guys secretly adore--but are afraid to admit? We took a little informal poll and here's what we got so far.
* Man, I Feel Like A Woman- Shania Twain* My husband used to LOVE Rhianna's "Umbrella". I set it as his phone's ring tone and he was mortified when it started ringing at work and he didn't know how to turn it off.
* Anything Beyonce. And he dances like her too ;)
* Taylor Swift's You Belong With Me. This is anonymous right?
* He'll often break into a good old 80's love song!
* It's Raining Men by the Weather Girls- Hey, it's a catchy song!
* Careless Whisper by George Michael
* He has Tiffany and Debbie Gibson CDs as well as liking Enya.
Oh, and of course, men aren't the only ones will guilty pleasure songs! I got a few tweets from the ladies as well! Right now they're secretly crushing on GLEE remakes, All the Single Ladies, The Bangles' Eternal Flame, and Shania Twain's You're Still the One.
And my own girlie ballad of shame? Total Eclipse of the Sun by Bonnie Tyler, which, by the way, makes a killer karaoke tune!
YOUR TURN: What's your man's secret girlie song? (He must have one--or ten!) And what's your guilty pleasure when it comes to tunes?