Looking for love online, but don't have time to stay home browsing profile after profile on your desktop PC? Now some singles are looking for love on the go--with live mobile dating from the comfort of your smart phone.
So how does it work? Well, just like other smart phone aps where can you find the perfect pet or the perfect home, a mobile dating ap will allow you to scan through profiles while standing in line at the mall or post office or during that three hour delay at the airport you know you're going to have this holiday season. Save the profiles you like for later--or, for those who can't wait, SpeedDate.com today announced it has added real-time chat to its mobile application so you can strike up an instant real-time conversation with your new crush, right then and there. You can even turn on the location-based features--to see who's hanging in your neck of the woods.
“The holidays are a busy time, filled with obligations and long lists of things to do, crammed into a short number of weeks. With SpeedDate Mobile and real-time messaging, on –the-go singles don’t need to sit out the months of December and January. Now, they can take advantage of the chance to get to know people and find that perfect partner, even if they only have a few minutes to spare,” said Dan Abelon, co-founder and president of SpeedDate.com.
We asked SpeedDate.com, to give us some tips on how to best use this new technology to meet the person of your dreams. (The last one is my favorite!)
- Adjust your mobile-dating profile to focus more on specifics (instead of saying “I enjoy dance music”, state which local clubs you like to frequent).
- Respond quickly to instant alerts notifying you someone is interested – unlike traditional online dating – faster responses are expected because mobile alerts are in real-time.
- Photo quality is key – a good profile pic has been shown to increase chances of meeting someone by a factor of 10 and is especially important for high-resolution iPhone/iPad screens.
- Location-based features (on most smart phones) can be utilized to instantly pinpoint singles and their current status (online or not). Activate yours if you want singles to find you or turn them off for greater privacy.
- Realize the need to balance the quicker pace--you can’t take back messages or pictures sent (after having a few drinks) that you may regret the next day.