Valentine’s Day takes on special meaning to those planning their wedding. It’s easy to get caught up in the upcoming celebration—but your romance is for a lifetime, right? Take the time to plan something special for your hubby-to-be.
There are some great gift ideas that aren’t the typical chocolates & balloons.
5 V-Day Gifts for Your Guy
1. Boudoir Photography: Men are visual-plain and simple. What could be better than a picture of the woman they love in lingerie? Most boudoir photographers capture sophisticated, tasteful images that aren’t offensive. Lingerie and styling can be soft and project femininity. Those who are more risqué can wear sexier lingerie, but conservative women can wear simple but romantic attire.
It’s also a wonderful “training exercise” in preparation for being in front of the camera on your wedding day. Taking direction from a photographer, while holding a pose and an expression isn’t as easy as it seems. Getting comfortable in front of the camera before your wedding can translate into better pictures on the big day.
Related: 5 Sexy Secrets from a Burlesque Star
2. Candy Conversation Hearts in a Card: Instead of writing messages, glue the candy with different phrases to create sentences. Your messages can be as simple, funny or edgy as you wish. It’s a thoughtful, fun way to get your fiancé excited about cards, which could lead to him being more involved with your invitations if played correctly.
3. A picnic on the Floor: Organize a picnic basket with a few hours devours that you’ll be including in your cocktail hour and mini-desserts with the same flavors as your wedding cake. If you’re wedding cake is chocolate with butter cream filling, include some éclairs. Get creative and grab a tube of red icing. Squeeze your names on the éclairs. You can do the same with mini-cheesecakes, cupcakes, etc.
4. Buy a comfortable pair of Red Stiletto Heels: They may not the easiest thing to find, but they do exist. Strut your stuff with them on Valentine’s Day. After your walk down the aisle, change into the same heels for your reception.
Chances are your dress will cover the shoes and your fiancée won’t see them until the garter toss or the wedding night. When he does, he’ll remember your romantic (or adventurous/crazy/unforgettable) Valentine’s Day. Those memories coupled with seeing you in your wedding gown will be forever embedded in his mind.
5. The Ultimate Gift: Buy said pair of red stilettos. Wear them to your boudoir shoot. Deliver his customized Valentine’s Day card while wearing the heels. Walk him to the surprise picnic on the floor in those heels. Then, wear them on your wedding night…. he’ll appreciate that more than chocolates and balloons any day!
More from GalTime:
- Sexy Valentine Hairstyle Ideas
- Your Guy's V-Day Gift, Decoded!
- 3 Mistakes Women Make in the Bedroom
- Wedding Dress Trends for 2012