Yes, ladies. We are talking ZONES. Plural, as in more than one place. File away everything you think you already know about where to touch, kiss or even nibble your guy. There are places on your man’s body that you are probably neglecting-- and therefore missing out on some opportunities for sensual moments. We asked Darren Michaels, author of Flipside Erotica, Both Sides of the Story, to clue us in on a man's most sexually sensitive zones.
First we will provide some “lessons” that you need to learn and then we will follow up with some “homework.” Be sure to be a good student!
What to Know About a Guy’s Erogenous Zones
Lesson 1: Take Notes
It’s important to let your partner know that they can and should lead you to where they are most responsive. Everyone is different and while these tips are probably going to be correct for most men, they can also lead you to even more sensitive spots if you are open for suggestions. Look for nonverbal signs that your man likes what you are doing. “It’s easy to turn my head and direct someone to that spot on my neck right above my collarbone that I like kissed so much,” Michaels explains. “Making sure I react when she hits that spot is key also; the feedback generally warrants more attention to that spot.”
Related: 3 Mistakes Women Make in the Bedroom
Lesson 2: Time for Show and Tell
Start by exploring your man’s body and have him tell you what he likes. Talking is encouraged during this lesson, so be sure to have him show you what he likes or you can give some examples yourself. “Most men learn about sex by listening to their older male friends brag about their sexual conquests and watching porn. Not a good base to build from to say the least,” Michaels says. “Plenty of them need and would like some assistance in the area.”
Lesson 3: Don’t Over-Think
Be selfless when the lights get turned down. “A good lover doesn’t have near as much concern for their own pleasure as they do for their partner’s,” reminds Michaels. He explains that a woman’s “job” is easier than we think. Basically, you just need to remember two things he says, “Show up and do whatever you do with some enthusiasm.” Check and CHECK!
Now it’s time for your homework. As you remember the lessons above, go forth and explore the following areas. Michaels gives us some hints as to where a man is most sensitive.
Related: 5 Sexy Secrets from a Burlesque Star
Men’s Top 4 Erogenous Zones
1. His Hands. Touch them, hold them, and rub them lightly during a movie. While this is a subtle gesture, Michaels assures us this is a big turn on. It sets the tone for things to come and when you get his mind working, which is a big turn on.
2. His Neck. There might be a special spot, like right above the collarbone or at the base of his hairline, but find it and own it. Start with some light kisses and as things heat up, don’t be afraid to even take a nibble. “Start slow and light, and then escalate the pressure and intensity as the game progresses.”
3. His Ears. Get close enough to whisper in his ear. You may not even have to say a word; just the feeling of your breath lightly on his ear is enough. “Be sure to stay light,” Michaels clarifies. “The lighter the better…”
4. His Brain. “I know, it sounds girly, but it applies to us too, ladies,” Michael teases. It’s important that men know that you want them, that you desire them, enough that you initiate things. “The thought that you “have to have me now” strikes a primal cord in every man,” says Michaels. And what better turn on is there than for your man to know that you want him?
More from GalTime.com:
- Four Biggest Mistakes MEN Make in Bed
- 5 Tips for Getting "In the Mood"
- Top Sex Drive Killers
- 6 Things Women Do That Scare Men Off
Connect with GalTime on Facebook!
Darren Michaels resides in Phoenix, Arizona and was a professional athlete in his younger days. He enjoys working out and outdoors activities like fly fishing, hiking and golf. Michaels has written two books, and is in the research stage of his third.