We are all guilty of looking for ways to beat the system and save our hard-earned cash by looking for free stuff. No matter if it's a tiny spoonful of ice cream or a 2 oz bottle of perfume, anything free is always welcome. Unfortunately, many people do not know of places where they can take advantage of free samples, and no one wants to awkwardly ask and be told "No." Below is a list of 10 places where you can find freebies and walk out with something more than you what you paid for.
Places that Offer Free Samples:
1. Sephora.com – You can pick three free samples and add them to your online shopping basket. Options include perfume samples, including brands such as Marc Jacobs and Georgio Armani. You can also grab special moisturizing and hydrating serums and exfoliating washes to test what they will do to your skin!
2. Nordstrom Beauty – Nordstrom Beauty hosts Free Sample Saturdays. Every Saturday they offer a new product to try for free. Check out their twitter page every week to see if they are offering one that catches your eye! You can also receive free gifts with a variety of different purchases.
3. Baskin Robbins – When this iconic ice cream shop was created the owners wanted people to be able to have a different flavor of ice cream each day of the month, hence the 31 original flavors. With this many flavors, Baskin Robbins workers are used to being asked for samples. You can also sign up for the Birthday Club to receive free ice cream on your birthday. Who wouldn't want that?
4. Ben & Jerry’s - Follow their sample truck on twitter to find where they will hit next. They recently added a new line of flavors to try based on Greek Frozen Yogurt: Strawberry Shortcake, Raspberry Fudge Chunk, Banana Peanut Butter and Blueberry Vanilla Graham. You can also stop by their stores to sample a few before committing to your treat.
5. Victoria’s Secret – Join the mailing list to receive offers for free items in store. Some come with the purchase of another item, but often times you can receive free panties, samples of fragrances and tote bags simply by redeeming your coupon.
6. Sam’s Club & BJ’s Wholesale Club – At places like these there is such a thing as a free lunch (besides your price of membership). If you hit these stores on a good day you can receive an entire meal just by making your way around the store. You will find all different samples of food and beverages to help enlighten you to potential purchases.
Related: 14 Places Kids Eat Free
7. Whole Foods Market & Trader Joe’s – Both of these competitive natural and organic grocery stores are leaders in free samples. Their samples are perfect for people who are on the fence about switching over to a healthier alternative and need to test the taste of new products.
8. The Home Depot & Lowe's – Although you have to purchase 8 oz paint testers, you can take free paint swatches from these retailers. These samples are very useful if you are unsure about the exact shade of a certain color you want for a room, or are trying to match the paint color with a couch at home that can’t be brought into the store. These retailers offer free paint chips from a variety of brands including Behr, Dutch Boy, Glidden, Sherwin-Williams and Valspar. There are times when these retailers will offer free paint testers on certain brands, so keep an eye out!
9. Pinkberry Frozen Yogurt – Keep an eye out for new flavors at Pinkberry. They go above the small spoonful and offer a mini cup to allow you to put those taste buds to work. You can also regularly sample different flavors if you need help deciding.
10. Menchies Frozen Yogurt – Taste test their eclectic flavors, ranging from eggnog to blueberry cheesecake and decide which one fits your fancy. They have non-fat, low-fat, tart, sorbet, sugarfree and low carb options.
More from GalTime.com:
- How to Celebrate Your Birthday FOR FREE!
- 10 Ways to Save Money this Halloween
- New Study: Couponing Can Save You $30 a Week!
- 5 Tips for Staying Relevant at Work While Raising Kids