In today’s internet-based society, virtual events have become the norm. Given the trend, it’s no surprise that the college fair has been added to the long list of web-based events. Parents should take advantage of this event and use it to gather valuable information about the college application process.
College Week Live's virtual SPRING college fair is scheduled for Wednesday, March 24th and Thursday, March 25th from 10 AM to 10 PM EST. Meet with hundreds of schools and participate in online presentations that cover the entire range of college admissions topics. You and your teen can chat with admissions officers, financial aid officers and even college students as well. If you can't find the time to attend the events live, you can go back and look through the archived events and listen at your leisure.
Following are just a few of the “live” video presentations:
Tackling the Trends In 2010 College Admissions
- The ACT: Preparing for the Test, Preparing for College
- The High School Junior Scholarship Search
- Why Attend An American University Overseas
- Choosing A College
- Conquering the College Essay
- Introducing The Common Application
- Test Prep: Don't Rush To The Answer
- Technology Essentials for College
And...here's a PLUS:
Your teen can win a college scholarship just for attending CollegeWeekLive! Five students will win college scholarships totaling $10,000, good at any accredited institution! To enter the contest:
1. Register for CollegeWeekLive
2. Login/attend CollegeWeekLive during a live event during the Spring 2010 semester