We all know how vulnerable we are when it comes to our kids. Even a slightly negative comment about our child can send us reeling. Even if the comment rings the tiniest bit true, hearing it from someone else can sting. As mothers, we have lots of power to make other mothers feel good and bad. Let's discuss some ways to spread the love among mothers.
Look at this list. Try it out and then get back to me about all of the positive energy coming your way.
2. You've noticed that another mother appears exhausted. Offer to help her without telling her that she looks wiped out.
3. Don't try to pretend that raising kids is a cakewalk for you. Share your stress. Everyone will breathe a sigh of relief.
4. Share something nice about that other woman's child with her. Go ahead. It won't hurt.
5. Do not brag about your child's grades. The other mother's child may be struggling. Be humble, modest and quietly supportive.
6. There is no need to tidy up excessively when other moms are coming to your house. Share your chaos. You are in good company.
7. Maybe you have a housekeeper, a nanny and a staff of 5. Keep it to yourself.
8. Celebrate both your own child's successes and the neighbor's child's successes. There is enough joy to go around.
9. If another mother tells you something in confidence about her child, treat it like precious information rather than as gossip. Please!
10. When a female friend is getting divorced, it is not the time to talk about how lucky you got with your husband.
Anything else that you'd like to add?
- 5 Secrets from My Date with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler
- The Ultimate Parent Fails
- 5 Signs It's Time to Ditch Your Friend
- Does Dating You Mean Dating Your Girlfriends, Too?
Connect with GalTime on Facebook!