One-Bowl Vanilla Bundt Cake | Food
If you’re looking for the quintessential Bundt cake, this is it. Sour cream adds a rich dimension to the batter, resulting in a not-too-sweet cake that highlights the fragrant nuances of the vanilla.
Makes 20 servings
Preheat oven to 350°F
10-inch Bundt pan, sprayed w/ nonstick baking spray w/ flour (e.g., Baker’s Joy or Pam w/ Flour)
Related: No Bake Brownies
3 cupsall-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1-1/2 cupssour cream
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 tbsp vanilla extract 15 mL
1-2 tbsp powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add the oil, butter, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla to bowl with flour mixture. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 1 minute until blended. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl with spatula. Beat on high speed 2 minutes longer.
3. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
4. Bake in center of preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until a piece of uncooked spaghetti inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto rack and cool completely. Drizzle Vanilla Drippy Icing over top of cooled cake.
Storage: Store cooled cake at room temperature in a cake keeper, or loosely wrapped in aluminum foil or plastic wrap, for up to 1 week. Alternatively, wrap the cooled cake in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil, completely enclosing cake, and freeze for up to 6 months. Thaw cake 4 to 6 hours at room temperature before serving.
More from GalTime.com:
- Healthier Apple Cobbler
- Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- Roasted Acorn and Sweet Potato Squash Soup
- Some Great Recipes That Cut The Sugar
Choose Another Video
- 1 of 22